It is always a good idea to combine a sweet treat with a protein source to satisfy your cravings and keep your blood sugar from spiking. This prevents a reactive drop in blood sugar later that triggers cravings for more sweets. Egg protein is the most perfect protein available, and now comes in various flavors just like whey protein. So break out of the blood sugar roller coaster cycle with a sweet yet high protein smoothie recipe. Whey or soy protein powders may be substituted for egg protein powder if desired. Also, try it with vanilla soy milk or rice milk.
- 1/2 banana
- 2 cups frozen mixed berries
- 1 cup strawberry low fat frozen yogurt
- 60 g strawberry powdered egg protein
- 1 cup skim milk
- Add all ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth.
- To significantly reduce preparation and blending time try using one of our recommended high end best blenders for smoothies.