This recipe should taste like a Starbucks Coffee Frappucino with a hint of frozen bananas. The type of coffee you use shouldn't matter, feel free to experiment with your own flavors and brands. Our coffee smoothie recipe is one of the only recipes we have that has a significant amount of caffeine, so you'll get the benefits of increased mental focus without all the guilt of spending 5 dollars at Starbucks!
- 1 cup of coffee (choose any brand you prefer)
- 1/2 cup of soy milk (or dairy milk or Coffee Mate)
- 1 whole scoop of chocolate protein powder (1/8 cup) (optional ingredient for more protein)
- 1 banana (preferably frozen)
- 6 cubes of ice
- Add all ingredients to the blender in order of the listed ingredients.
- Blend until perfect consistency is achieved.
- As a sweeter alternative you can add chocolate syrup, vanilla or chocolate ice cream, sorbet, pudding, or non fat yogurt.
- For advice on the best blending technique read our How to Make a Smoothie page.