Our healthy liver smoothie recipe contains ingredients that are proven to keep your liver healthy and detoxified. This recipe is very high in fiber and vitamins A and C. The liver's normal function is to remove toxins from food and your body's metabolic wastes. It's the major organ for metabolism which needs cleansing every once in a while. Lycium Berries are superb for the liver and act as a blood tonic; the Milk Thistle seeds help to protect the liver and the lemon juice acts in a regenerative fashion. The liver cells live for approximately for 18-24 months so you can drink this smoothie regularly until your liver cells regenerate.
- Grind the milk thistle seeds and soak in pure water (distilled, reverse osmosis, filtered, etc.) overnight.
- Put the lycium berries in a blender until well chopped up.
- Add the milk thistle seeds and the water in which they have been soaking.
- Add the lemon juice and ice cubes. Alternatives: use pineapple juice or pineapple-coconut juice.
- Blend until perfect consistency is achieved.